Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pray about Everything, Worry about Nothing



"Flood my soul O Lord"

This is the last entry in my journal on my trip to Mexico which ended on a side trip to South Carolina for my daughter.  This was the seventeenth journal entry as now I have completed reading two of Madame Guyon's books, one her autobiography and the other on jumping into the river of God.  This river of life and spiritual torrents is where I sense God is taking me to go further and deeper.

In light of all the events that happened on vacation and what is coming up, here are some of my thoughts for the day.

1.  I saw a Classical Christian education aiming for excellence for God as it teaches children and youth how to be both creative minds and spiritual warriors for God.  I was surprised to see not only how different and superior this educational model is to the public school system but even to the Christian school system which often models itself after the public school system model.

2.  I am currently working on a Lilly Grant for a three month sabbatical.  If I should graciously receive this grant, I will travel to about ten different monasteries in Europe.  I am preaching through the book of Daniel at the moment and I am dreaming big, praying hard, and thinking long about a good many things.

3.  There is a revival at a church nearby in Columbus Indiana where I hear great testimonies from people who are experiencing times of refreshing.  I went and met the pastor of that church and had a wonderful talk with him.  Pastor Randy told me to listen to those who speak prophetically and as a pastor, I should build an atmosphere, climate, and culture that is going all out for God.  I heard God's voice speaking through this pastor and I can't wait to see what God does next?

4.  I just finished an Emmaus walk which I will talk more about and I am planning on going to Camp Electric this summer with my two boys.  Emmaus is all about not anticipating and taking things as they come and yet I sense something great coming this summer that is quickly approaching.  When I left to go home from vacation, I saw a sign on the wall of the young couples house we stayed with.  The sign said it all, "Pray about everything, worry about nothing!"



No comments:

Post a Comment