Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Descent of a Warrior Poet



All who wake to paradise leave all pettiness behind.
What was once troubling is now quieted and at rest.
Outwardly the body is perishing but inwardly the soul is flourishing.
God uses our past as kindling wood for a new future.

God is purging us as we advance in exercising our souls.
I am descending quickly so I may arise slowly gazing at resurrection.
My consecrated flesh is weak but God is making steady what is unsteady.
My flesh is nailed to a cross as my soul sings to God.
All consuming light pierces my soul with revelations of God's love.

I can not reach beyond my touch but heaven reaches for me and touches my spirit.
Everything is eclipsed by the radiant Son who knows all about pain and suffering.
My heart is drunk on the wine of the Spirit as God caresses my soul.
Burst forth light of love and cast away any darkness.
In tears of joy I am moved by the love of One who is unmovable.

Beauty calls my name and I do not have to be afraid anymore.
God is constructing a new edifice of prayer to calm the storm within.
Let me see the whole world in the tiniest grain of sand.
I am poured out like liquid but filled with fire.
This holy communion is what I am made for.

No comments:

Post a Comment