Tuesday, April 7, 2015

One Must First be Naked in Order to be Clothed



"If we have died with Christ, we shall rise with Him" - Romans 6:8

The Lord kills our flesh and annihilates Self so that that we can be transformed into a being like Christ.  God continues to show me my imperfections and tests me to see how easy or difficult is it to lose my peace over the little circumstances of life.  But its out of these ashes that God births new life into us.  God carries us in His grace and sweeps us away into his loving presence.  The more grace one receives, the more one's heart is enlarged by the heart of God.

Where I have been small minded, God is enlarging.  Where I have been limited, God is increasing the impossible and unlimited.  Whatever part of me stands in the way of God, that is the next part that must die!  Out of the grave God brings resurrection.  God's resurrection power is what brings the riches of heaven to earth.  We don't have to wait for them but can bring heaven to earth in the here and now.

Can I abandon myself so much that I quit struggling with God? I am like a person caught in an undercurrent beneath the ocean waters which can be a life and death ordeal.  Will I fight the current and possibly drown or do I do what seems unnatural and allow the undercurrent to pull me out to the far wide sea.  Circumstances ultimately do not matter if we have peace with God.  If circumstances can rob our peace then anything can steal our peace away from God.  God is the great mover behind all things so look to Him.  Let your peace be unchanging as God is unchanging no matter what the circumstances.

Does God rule your life or is self still on the throne?  Once we have become completely naked before the presence of God, do not despair or fear.  God's wardrobe is better than anything we could put on our self.  For when God clothes us, when God is finished with us, we have actually put on Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment