Monday, April 6, 2015

Post-Easter Prayer



O God of my Praise,
I call upon You day and night,
Tremble O earth in the Lord's presence.
From the womb of morning to the tomb at night,
You are there and You are not silent.

Dwell in my soul and close the doors to my enemy.
The cavern of my heart is empty for You.
My spirit is quiet for a word from You.
You descend deep into my heart and eternity calls my name.
My heart is radiant with your love.

Descend deeper into my mind,
The forgotten places and the empty spaces where my soul is restless.
Drive the shadows and illusions from my darkened mind.
Wrap my soul in heavenly light and glory.
Without You O God I can not even breathe.
Descend into my emotions and give me heavenly thoughts.

O light-bearing Lord of life,
My soul rejoices in You and You alone.
Let heaven descend as earth sings your praises.
All of creation is filled with Your beauty.
May Your Spirit of Truth captivate me and capture my heart.
Have mercy on me and take me into your loving embrace.

Like many streams is your Spirit that runs into my soul.
You fill my soul with both fire and light.
All your living waters flows into the one great river.
The cross of Christ stands in the middle of the waters.
By the blood the lamb all find refreshing and healing there.
So come to the river of God and never stop drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment