Monday, April 27, 2015

Graffiti of the Soul

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls"  -  Paul Simon

Even my prayers can seem like empty words.
I know God you are aware of my pain.
I know people who cut themselves just to feel again.
But Lord, you took all the world's cuts on the cross so we could feel your love.

I know people think I am wasting time praying but wasting time is the waist.
Praying is only wasting what should be left behind so make this temple ready.
My mind is crowded with too many thoughts but you speak in the lonely moments.
You leave nothing to waste Lord since you use everything.

The weight of the world is on my back but you hold the whole world in your hands.
I have no strength but you pour ointment on my wounds.
Deep inside you hear my cry when what others hear is only silence.
Hiding you find me.
Fleeing you stop me in my tracks.

I have wondered in the dark only to bump into the walls.
Now the cross is stretched out over my life.
No more hiding or running but just sitting in the dark waiting.
The wind of your presence knocks the breath from my lungs.
I am speechless before your Holy splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment