Sunday, April 26, 2015

Poem for the untamed Soul



In one lucid moment my glad soul was met by God's igniting love.
In a flash God consumed everything so that I would be unhindered.
God's unbounded love awakened me to the real world my eyes could not see.
But even here I could not comprehend how God was freeing and unshackling
every chain that tied me down.

My only aim is to love to do God's will for that is true freedom.
In the blinking of an eye God does more with a surrendered will than a world of tamed lives.
Eclipsed by the immensity of God's presence, paradise is in knowing the one who formed me from nothing.

Even when a soul is torn in two, God takes what is divided and unites what has been split apart.
My only solace is found in Christ who takes away the darkness and emptiness of my mind and gives me light that penetrates both joints, bones, and spirit.
Today, the only gift I could give to God is my tears.
And the gift God gives to me is His presence and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment