Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Here's to Prayer Warriors



My wife is awesome and prays for me every day.  Every time I run into someone who says they are a prayer intercessor, I ask them to put me on their prayer list.  I know these people love to pray!  God is taking me on a great new adventure and its the adventure of prayer.  I am entering new depths and greater spiritual perception in this important area of prayer.

I have been reading Jeanne Guyon's autobiography called Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ.  I have never met someone who lived through such torments and took so many of them gracefully as she describes about her life story.  One can either think this lady is making this stuff up or she is an extraordinary woman of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  She was persecuted mercilessly by the Catholic Church in which she was a loyal subject.  Her crime was telling people they could go deeper in their walk with Christ through prayer.

Women were usually looked down upon and trampled on in the days that Jeanne Guyon lived in the sixteenth century.  Life was hard and people could be cruel.  I am utterly astounded by the simplistic wisdom and spiritual power in motion in Madame Guyon as she faced so many hardships, especially the loss of several of her children.  But God being God gave her so many more spiritual children even with the lost of her own kids.

I am finishing two books by Madame Guyon.  Her autobiography is 21 chapters long.  I am learning as my spiritual eyes are being opened to the deeper meaning of symbols and numbers in the Bible and also in Christian literature.  Whether consciously or unconsciously by the Spirit's leading, 21 is the number of seven three times.  Three is the number of God and seven is the number of perfection.  This perfection is three fold as the Divine Trinity is at work in her very words and life story.

I also was reading right before vacation her book Spiritual Torrents which describes the ups and downs of the believer's life who is flowing in the river of God.  This book is seventeen chapters in length.  Seventeen is the number of today.  The number seventeen symbolizes overcoming the enemy and walking in Christian victory.  Interesting that this is exactly what Madame Guyon writes about in her book.  While on vacation, I wrote seventeen devotional thoughts and meditations while being on a cruise with my family to Mexico.  So the next seventeen posts are kind of my spiritual journal as I wrote what was on my heart as I took a cruise ship across the borderless ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment