Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mystic Communion



My oldest daughter and I drove to South Carolina to look at  Christian school she is interested in.  We drove through a vast storm to get to our destination.  This reminds me that God often will take us through divine storms.  One day the sun is shining and the next day, the weather turns violent on us.  We stayed with a wonderful young married couple who I met the year before in a hot tub on an Alaskan cruise.  Did you know that hot tubs can be places of divine appointments?

We went to an Anglican church service in the evening.  I have never been to an Anglican church before.  I loved the deep liturgy, the rich symbolism, and the scriptures recited throughout the whole service.  Some of the message that was given that night was about glorifying God with our lives and not glorifying ourselves.  This sermon really hit home for me because it's been the message the Holy Spirit has been telling me over and over a thousand different ways.

This Eucharist service was filled with substance, mystery and the Holy.  Here is one very old church tradition that started with closed communion and now has open communion.  The real presence of Jesus being re-represented and acting out death, burial, and resurrection and rising up and ascending to the heavenly places with Christ.  This was the bread from heaven.  This was the blood of Christ in the chalice of redemption.  This was sweet mystic communion!

No comments:

Post a Comment