Monday, February 16, 2015

There is a Time for Everything



Meditations and contemplative thoughts on Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Every moment is God breathed, every season is a time of God's purposes.

There is a time every day to be born anew in God's Spirit.
              There is a time everyday to die to self and sin.
There is a time for God to plant deep things within my spirit.
               There is a time for God to uproot any wicked or evil in me.
There is a time every day to kill the old man of the flesh.
               There is a time every day where God wants to heal and restore my soul.
There is a time to weep in my brokenness and need of God.
               There is a time to laugh at the wonder and beauty of God.
 There is a time to mourn with others in sorrow.
                There is a time to dance with joy in the Holy Spirit.
There is a time every day for God to clear away the rubble of my life.
                There is a time every day to gather stones and make my life an altar for God.
There is a time to embrace my pain and suffering.
                 There is a time to let go of my burdens and worries.
There is a time to gain the weight of God's glory.
                 There is a time to lose oneself in the presence of God.
There is a time to keep my soul close to God.
                 There is a time to rid myself of anything that keeps God at a distance.
There is a time every day for God to tear away my worldly attachments.
                 There is a time God weaves my life together like a grand masterpiece.
There is a time to be silent and know God.
                 There is a time to speak and shout praises to God.
There is a time every day to love God with all my heart.
                 There is a time every day to hate the things of this world that takes my eyes off God.
There is a time every day to be at war with the Devil.
                 There is a time every day to be filled with the peace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment