Friday, February 20, 2015

A Prayer at 4:00am



"Dear Lord Jesus,
Teach me today how to so delight in you that I find my rest in you.
Help me to see the troubles and pressures of the day are nothing to knowing  you.
Show me how to live where I am and not try to be somewhere else.

Teach me how to trust you more and feast on your faithfulness.
Your banqueting table is full of wonders and delights.
May I only think good thoughts and do good to others today.

Remove my anxious thoughts and calm my soul.
It is only in stillness I can hear you.
Lead Me Lord Jesus into your presence and help me to walk by your Spirit.
Hold me very close with one hand and hold the enemy far away with the other hand.

Make me young by your Spirit and completely crush my old flesh.
Keep me empty of myself so your Spirit can make me full.
I am completely yours.
Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment