Saturday, February 28, 2015

Let Nothing Offend You



"If you are not hungry for God then you are full of yourself"

God knows us better than we know ourselves.  I am also learning that Jesus is shattering all my illusions about myself.  I am not as smart or strong or as invisible as I think.  Jesus will not leave me alone and that is a good thing.  God in Christ is reshaping us for heaven. 

My oldest son delivers medicine to sick people.  One older man who had a stroke told my son that he can't remember anything hardly anymore.  The thing that was really bothering this man was he had allot of scripture memorized and it was killing him inside that he could not remember the Bible anymore.  My boy told him, "God knows you know His word in your heart even if you can't always remember it with your mind."  I know my boy, he's not that smart either.  He simply chose to be a vessel for God that day and the Holy Spirit gave him just the right words to brighten an older man's life that day.

One of the things that God is trying to teach me and I am failing miserably at is not to be offended at anything.  It's one thing to be offended by the things that break the heart of God but usually our pride is offended in some way which only shows how pride is still a persistent problem.  Jesus said in John 16:1, "These things I have spoken to you so that you should not be offended."  Do we really believe that?  Until I get more of God in me, I will continue to be offended.  Until I am full of God's love as my pride is emptied out onto God's altar, I will be offended.  God is taking me to a place where there will no longer be offenses, only His love.

I love the way Psalm 119:165 says it, "Great peace have they which love God's law (Word) and nothing shall offend them."

No comments:

Post a Comment