Friday, February 27, 2015

Don't Be Late



"Don't be late for your own funeral"

My whole life I have run hard and fast for the Lord.  Many times to find out that much of my hurried running had more to do with keeping up with the traditions of men when it comes to the church rather than the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have also had a strong tendency to be late when it comes to meeting my friends and sometimes even making meetings.  "Don't be late" or "You're always late" are words I have heard most of my life.  But God is taking me deeper and farther and I'm finally learning to slow down, breath easier, and walk with Christ rather than run in the flesh.

It almost feels like God has been working overtime on me when it comes to my own impatience, pride and false expectations.  I used to hate this purifying process but all I know now is I badly need it and I just want to be obedient to the Lord.  Rather than some great inconvenience or chore, it is a tremendous blessing and gift from heaven.  I also sense God is taking me in a different direction for the future.  Here are some powerful words God is speaking to me today from Habakkuk 2:2-3,

"Then the Lord answered me and said, "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets (write it down).  That he may run who reads it.  For the vision is yet for an appointed time;

But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.  Though it tarries, wait on it; Because it will surely come, it will not tarry." 

I love the way the NAS version says "record the vision. It is time to write your visions and dreams from God down.  The NIV says it like this, "so the herald (preacher) may run with it.  It's time to run with God by His Spirit.  The NLT says, "So that a runner can carry the correct message to others."  Are you carrying the correct gospel message to others?

God has been telling me that its time to write.  It's a new season with a greater vision that I could ever think of or imagine.  The appointed time it just around the corner and for those who have eyes of faith, I am coming to the corner and even though I can not see around it yet, I come with anticipation and great expectation.

For now I am to wait.  It will happen and it will happen in a brief moment.  It will come about suddenly.  The best part is God is never late.

No comments:

Post a Comment