Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Unbearable Light Weight of God's Glory



"Just as the rising of the sun does not extinguish the stars so the resurrected Son does not extinguish the glorious light of God in earthly bodies"

I can not endure the weight of God's glory (Kabod) but because in Christ, God carries it for me, I can press on.  God's shoulders the heaviness of His Presence and makes it light for those who surrender all to God.  In this I find I am nothing and God is everything.  God wraps our life in divine mystery and holy paradoxes.  Who can know the ways of God but by the Spirit of God.

Jesus is both clothed in mystery and paradox. 
*Jesus is both the suffering wounded Savior and the victorious Risen Lord.
*Jesus is both the peaceful grace of God incarnate and the wild confrontational prophet of God's truth.
*Jesus is both the silent sacrificial lamb of God and the ferocious roaring lion of Judah.
*Jesus words both comfort and give peace as well as confronts and rebukes.
*Jesus is the only perfect man lowly and humble in Spirit as well as bold and courageous in action.

How can we carry the death and life of Jesus in our body so carelessly and comfortably?  I tell you a mystery, God's love is both hidden and revealed.  I am set free by the cross of Christ and I am a slave to the cross of Christ.  The cross is where I feel the depths of my sin and the cross is where I feel the depths of God's love.  All I want to hear is the voice of My Beloved.  I am overwhelmed and overjoyed whether God speaks love to my heart or rebukes and disciplines my soul.  I love his caresses and His rod.

All I see is God's goodness and my sin and weakness.  God's love draws me inward so I can give to others outward.  My poverty of spirit is my treasure and my weakness displays God's strength.  God continues to purify my soul and I feel indescribable peace as well as knowing I am a man of unclean lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment