Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Prayer of Remorse



"Forgive me God for I have sinned,
I continue to think things evolve around me when they evolve around you.
Please help me to be silent before I speak.
To be quick to listen and slow to speak.
Help Me O Sovereign Lord to renounce complaint and only lament in my own sin.

Remove within me stubborn pride which is always hiding below the surface.
My greatest enemy and snare is myself.
Annihilate unbelief, pride, and sloth from my life.
Thank you for reminding me constantly of my errors and for giving me sanctified afflictions.
Make me lowly in spirit and always desperate for you.

Clouds of darkness surround me and my counsel is foolish to others.
Make me so dissatisfied with the world that I am only satisfied in you.
Trample down my self so I may be transformed into your likeness.
Remove my failures, backslidings, and secret faults far away from me.
Clothe me with your beauty and completely captivate my soul.
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment