Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Baptism of Snow



"Every dazzling flake of snow reminds me of the beauty and power of God's mercy"

I am in wonder and awe at the heavy snow falling outside my window.  For every drop of residue reminds me of the cleansing power of God's love.  Every white snow flake reminds me that God remembers my sins no more but God still remembers me.  I want to shout praise for every snow flake that falls down from heaven.  I am being refreshed and renewed in a baptism of glistening white.  As the snow glistens in the sun, so does the love of God today shine in my heart.

The snow today is like a sign and wonder from heaven.  A season of white forgiveness.  A season of God's grace and love in abundance.  As the snow piles up and up, so my heart is full of gentle peace.  Calmness is everywhere and God's footprints are everywhere to be seen by those who have eyes of faith to see.  One of the things God is teaching me in this new season is to delight in the cross.  I have always believed in the cross but I have never delighted in it before.  God is filling me with pure love as he kills my sinful flesh.  In the cross of Christ I am being lost in God as God is detaching me from the things of the world and the death of my pride.

"O blessed Cross,
I surrender myself to the crucifixion of self. 
Every snowflake that drops from heaven is a sign of your love and mercy.
May each snowflake represent the great drops of blood of Jesus that washes away our sins.
May each snowflake be in the shape of the cross that delivers our soul from death.
May each snowflake that falls be like a baptism if ice and fire, of the coldness of this world
and the fire of God's great love."

No comments:

Post a Comment