Saturday, May 2, 2015

Walking the Path of Contemplation



I walk the path of silence.
I trod the road of self discovery.
I reflect on the journey in stillness.

The surface everyday noise surrounds me.
But in between the spaces are whispers.
Underneath the commotion is a steady rhythm.

The road ahead curves and winds and I see no end.
The are bends in the path and broken glass below my feet.
The world spins and spirals but there is before me a labyrinth to follow.

The place of solitude is space for encounter.
The unseen presence is mysteriously present.
All the twists and turns move toward the center.

In the center of the labyrinth is a cross filled with secrets.
The narrow way widens as it opens to an invitation to keep following.
Somewhere deep under my skin is the sense of knowing what I have yet to discover.

Blood, tears, sweat and death are markings on this spiral path.
My whole body now moves in the changing rhythms of the narrow road.
There is no where to turn but to keep moving forward.

The earth moves under my feet as shifts take place on the ground.
I kneel, stand, walk, and run but I keep going.
Sometimes stopping but never returning for I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment