Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Awake at Night



O Merciful and Sovereign Lord,
Silence my tongue and help me to be still
Put your words in my mouth and keep my thoughts at a distance.
Conceal Your love in my heart.

I awaken to the day and see glory everywhere.
Your presence is like the sun which shines on us.
Remove all pretense and pretending from my life.
I vanish in the day only to ascend at night.
The geometry of the cross is ever before me.

Fill me with the clarity of heaven so that I die by the brightness of Your Spirit.
Teach me to learn simplicity and to walk in humility.
Remove the fear of the hour and bathe me in Your perfect love.
Your mercy is without end,
Your compassion never fails.
Your glory shines forever.
Your wisdom is perfectly designed.

In my emptiness I behold You.
In my poverty I seek You.
In my loneliness I find You.
And in my darkness I touch You.

No comments:

Post a Comment