Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Death of Death



My Mother died and I'm asking why?
Why does death take the people we love?
Why can't we be happy and just live together?
Why does death have the final word?

They hung my Savior on a cross.
Why did death have to take him away?
I hurt so bad that somebody is going to pay.
Why can't death just stay away.

When I look into a casket, is that the end?
Bury me in the ground with the rest of my kin.
Is life worth living if death is the end?
Does death have the last word?

When death happens, the preacher tells us not to cry.
People try to tell you everything is okay but that's a lie.
I'm so fearful of death that I weep.
Is there nothing in life to hold onto, nothing to keep?

When Jesus was laid in the ground, death thought it had won.
The ground shook, the stone rolled away,
Jesus rose from the grave and said it was done.

Death lost the victory when it tried to bury love.
For love conquers all, even death from above.
Do not let your hearts be troubled even when the world breaks you down.
Love wins in the end and now it's only death that frowns.

So if somebody asks why does all this death happen?
Tell them the death of death happened when Jesus rose from the dead,
and now whether in life or death, Jesus is our Captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment