Saturday, May 16, 2015

The False Self



I look in the mirror and see the person I think I should be.
Hidden mistakes and deception abound, but that simply can't be me.
I protect by control and threaten others with rejection.
I feel so dead within and when it comes to relationships, can't make the connection.

I'm afraid if others really knew me they would not like me.
So I hide, protect, project, and blame is the way I see.
I know Jesus but I don't know how to get past myself.
I feel so empty and insecure but I don't want to die to self.

My life is full of shadows and I feel like an outcast.
I desperately seek approval so that I will be first and not looked at as last.
I'd rather live in a make-believe world where I believe what I like,
Than live in a world where I have to change to be liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment