Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mystic Light



Sounds arise in the midst of silence
Pure color and lights penetrate my soul
Everything comes together at a single point
The world is invaded and can not be the same

I am lost in wonder as my heart melts
Rising beyond things I see as if for the first time
In Christ's presence everything makes sense
In Christ's presence all my sin dissolves away

Everything is clear and transparent to the core
The light of heaven pierces the darkness and loneliness flees
Deeper and deeper into creative pure joy
Beauty cleanses my soul and refreshes my thoughts

Mystic fire, light, and music fill the air
The dance of angels in a room filled with grace
The presence gets louder and stronger and penetrates to the bone
I cling to God and hold the earth as divine energy circles the globe

Crucified in prayer and sanctified by grace
Losing myself while remaining myself in pure embrace
God reveals what I feel as I see the face of Jesus
His power animating and his presence sustaining all things

He says, "Take eat, this is my body, this is my blood"
Not just bread or wine but flesh and soul intertwined
Everything is distant with the touch of your nearness
My heart is holy ground for the radiance of your mystic light


(inspired by reading Teilhard's The Mystical Milieu)

No comments:

Post a Comment