Monday, May 4, 2015

Morning Prayer



O Heavenly Master,
Fill my heart with the flame of heaven.
When I arise in the morning, my first thoughts are of You.
You whisper thoughts in my inner ear that only my mind can hear.
I can not take my eyes off the cross of Christ.

Even though I am weary, you give me rest.
When I am negative, you give me hope.
When I complain, you fill me with gratitude.
When I am depressed, you give me a heart to celebrate.

You bathe me in light even when its dark.
The animals outside look to your shepherding hand.
All creation itself sings a song to You.
My life burns like sweet incense as I pray.
I watch out for My Love and You Come.
I fall to my knees like a child rising from bed.

You feed my soul with showers of peace.
You rain down grace from your throne room.
My soul trembles as I read your Word.
You have put a cherubic sword in my hand.

A single drop from heaven is greater than all the world's oceans.
The world hides in shadows as your light inhabits my soul.
You conquer the world within myself so that I can conquer the world outside.
I cling to your garment and pray.
My body shakes for You are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment