Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Mirror



I looked in the mirror and what did I see
The Bridegroom of Christ coming for me
He birthed this love that fills my cup
He purchased love by His cross and calls us Beloved.

Where is love I asked in the darkness
    Darkness is where the Bridegroom is away 
          and light is when the Bridegroom stays.

I looked in the mirror and what did I see
The Bridegroom of Christ looking at me
His love dispelled indifference
and filled my soul with sweet incense

The darkness was eclipsed by heaven
as forgiveness was poured out seventy times seven
Love so deep soared on high
All darkness fled as evil died

My chains were broken as I was released from captivity
All heaven applauded at this great festivity
     Love destroyed all that I may embrace the call
            while the mirror of the Word showed my great fall
But Jesus death has torn down the wall
      And now God and I are close after all

No comments:

Post a Comment