Friday, March 27, 2015

Secret Prayer



O God of my ancestors and Lord of mercy,
bring to fruition what you teach me in secret.
Clear away the rubble and remove the pollution of my soul.
Make my heart steadfast for You for your love is irresistible.

Free me from all anxiety for your power has no limits.
Penetrate my spirit and breathe on me your power.
Clean the mirror of my soul so that I may be a reflection of your eternal light.

May all the words I speak be devoid of me and what I speak to others be words of repentance.
Test me in your love and discipline me in your mercy. 
Every day is a new day to meditate on your goodness.

O Sovereign Lord,
Your providence steers the course of my life.
All I can do is look to the cross for there is no one else to behold,
but the soul piercing eyes of your Son.

When I think of the wood that He created which suspended Him between heaven and earth,
I am like a wild beast of the earth tamed by my dying Savior.
O blessed wood that hung my Savior upon that tree,
"for blessed is the wood by which righteousness comes."

(Inspired by reading the Wisdom of Solomon and particularly chapter fourteen, verse seventeen)

No comments:

Post a Comment