Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kids Say the Darndest Things



I was talking to a young girl the other day and as other kids were praying for family members, her prayer was, "Let everyone be at peace and without fear."  Spoken like a seasoned monk or one who is deep in the ways of prayer.

I asked a group of small children how many seasons are there?  They told me four.  I asked them if they could tell me something else in the world that had four in it?  One kid said quickly, "God is for us!"  The student became the teacher.

O Creator God,
Stoop down and whisper to me for I am small.
It is our adult ways that ravish the world without possessing it!
Every morning I am like a new born miracle for you make me feel young again.
Every day I am to put away the proud adult and to walk like a humble child.

You hide things when I come in the power of my own understanding.
You reveal things when I come to you in the powerlessness of a child.
Your eye penetrates everything and there is no where to hide.
Shatter my narrow thoughts and fill me with your wide ones.
Enter the chamber of my soul and may Your Spirit be my favorite guest.

Open wide the gates of heaven and close the gates of despair.
Pierce my soul with Divine Wisdom and do not leave me with my own thoughts.
You extinguish my feeble attempts and clothe me like a new born baby.
My heart burns for you and my soul rejoices in delight.
You are the One who ravishes my soul and I am lost in wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment