Thursday, March 26, 2015

Prayer in the Dark



"By faith Lord I can see in the dark.
The river from the tabernacle is rising and flooding my soul.
I am like a dead man awake or an emptied out vessel that is still full.
God is washing the darkness from my eyes as I see with childlike radiance.

O fiery Spirit, pierce my soul.
O heavenly incense, make me smell of the sweetness of paradise.
O Divine Wisdom, fill me with the Eye of eternity.
Arise O Resurrection King and consume me in ineffable light.

The entire universe kneels before your throne of grace.
You nourish my soul with heavenly drink and heavenly food.
I drink your holy body and I drink your holy blood.
I lift my arms to heaven and my heart dances before You.

There is a storm coming as God also calms my soul.
Even through my tear stained eyes You are with me.
Every worldly desire and every worldly hope, crucify it.
Send your ministering angels to me for I am weak and helpless.
If I am to be a martyr of Your love, then even the darkness can seem like light.
Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment