Monday, March 9, 2015

Confessions of a Contrarian



"The first battle that must be fought is the conquest of one's self"

God desires transparency and an undivided heart.  We think the way forward is to fight hard with our inner demons.  We think its all about the fighting whereas God wants us to rest in Him and His loveIt's not about warfare but about His love.  As long as I keep focusing on myself, I will miss what God is trying to show me.  As long as I keep struggling to advance myself in the Christian walk, I will continue in the lie of self-effort.  Seek only perfect submission to God's will.  And always keep love in front of everything you do.  I can not live for God anymore.  I can only live in God.

Do not be deceived by those who appear strong.  Do not try to get others to think you are strong.  Learn weakness and know God's strength and power.  I must come to God as a child and stay in child-like faith and trust.  God loves holy dependence and reliance upon Him.  Unless we stay humble, we are deceived.  Do not think yourself as spiritual, perfect or having arrived some where with God.  Christian perfection does not mean sinlessness but being in the perfect presence or state of being with GodGod's perfection is all that matters.

Only God will give us peace in the storm.  Only God can captivate our heart beyond the daily distractions and busyness of life.  Only God can fill us with praise and not complaint or grumbling about one's circumstances.  Only God!  What God is teaching me is as I go deeper, nothing will appear to be the same anymore.  Reality will not have changed but how I look at reality will have been changed.  Simplify, die daily, be child-like, and surrender your will completely to God.  This is the way of God's pure love that purifies our soul to prepare us to live like heaven on earth.

"Forgive me Lord of my hypocrisy. 
I forgive those who have deceived me as I have deceived others.
Lead me in your eternal way and give me patience in my impatience. 
Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment