Monday, March 9, 2015

Prayer of Heaven on Earth



Arise O Lord of the Universe,
Take me to the secret place of the tree of life which is the cross.
Even when I pray you watch over me.
When I sing to you there you are listening.
And when I fall asleep, there you are awakening my soul.

When I gaze upon your beauty, I see my self as I truly am.
When I seek your face, I realize I am a foreigner in a strange land.
Your holiness overwhelms me and I am ashamed at my nakedness.
My sin stings at me like a scorpion but your mercy floods me with rivers of grace.

Serpents try to bite me but I hide in your presence safe from the enemy.
O Lover of my soul, when I am tempted to despair, you lift me up.
When I am weak with no strength, you carry me like eagles wings on your back.
When I feel all alone in the dark, even there you are with me, loving me.
When I am darkened by illusions of myself, you show me the cracks in my mirror.
You wake me like the morning to dream dreams and have visions that shatter all my illusions.

I cling to you like heaven on earth.
Even when my nakedness mocks me, you clothe me in garments of praise.
I fear no evil for you are always with me.
What can man do to me?
You are my life and my resurrection.
Satan wants to drag me down to the pit.
But You O Merciful Father take me higher as I ascend to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment