Tuesday, March 31, 2015

NF New CD Mansion



"Do the strange adventures of the Spirit tell us to dance to the music of heaven?"

I used to mock poetry.  I just didn't get it.  I don't have a poetic bone in my body.  I used to mock rap music.  I hated everything about it.  Now God is bringing out my inner poet.  Now I love the passion and poetic lyrics of Christian rap music.  I started listening to Christian rap music because of my boys.  Their world is also my world so as much as I want to be an influence on them, they have been an influence on me.

Unless someone listens to Christian R&B and rap music, people will probably never have heard of the Christian rap singer NF.  He is a bright shooting star in the night for those who happen to look up and look at that part of the sky at the right moment.  As I listen to NF's rap music, his heart cries out in lyrical beauty and in deep anguish.  It's like he is wanting anyone to listen or hear him.  I hear you!  This is not a crying out of pain of the body but a crying out from the depths of one's soul.

As I have been studying the history of Christian mystics, I listen to the deep signs of the spirit and the cries of their souls that come out in art, music, poetry, hymns and songs, and their writings.  Their dreams and heavenly visions propel them with creative energy to speak and write about their interior lives and the inner suffering they endure by going to the cross daily.  The lives of these saints reveal not just active minds but actives hands and feet that serve others in ways that shock and disturb our comfortable mansions of our soul.  So here are some words I wrote yesterday.


Mystic Poem

Safe in the silence where lovers lose themselves.
O little child resting her head in her Father's bosom.
Drunk in the love of Christ and immersed in an ocean of peace.
The laughter of heaven is heard in a smile.
The ancient world lost in the fountain of youth.
The simplicity of wisdom wrapped in a baby.
Earth, wind, fire melt into eternity.
The dark gasps at its last breath.
Heaven is shaken as The Truth gives birth to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment