Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I, Monster



I'm not scared of monsters from the outside, I'm scared of the monster in me.
I am so sick of me that it makes me ill.
O Lord, quiet my lying self so that I can hear your Word of Truth.

People say I'm crazy because I am crazy in love with You.
God has set my heart free and I have to sing it, write it down and dance to it.

I know the monster I've been and the monster that hides in me.
But God is the great monster killer, so slay the monster in me.
Kill it and murder me so that the new creature that's been hiding in me can be released.

I am wrecked and ruined for God.  There is no going back so God, please never leave me.
I'm no longer a puppet of the world for the strings have been cut by the blood of the lamb that was slain.

I don't care about my name anymore.  I can forever be nameless. 
The name of God the Father, the name of God the Son, the name of God the Holy Spirit is now forever a tattoo on my soul. 
His name is all that counts in a world that only counts names.

In the twinkling of an eye, in a moment's blink, nothing is the same for I am forever wrecked by God's eternal love.
If my old self is murdered and dead, then the least I can do is go to the funeral.


(inspired by NF Intro lyrics.  Maybe somebody will make this into a rap song? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment