Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wow! New Life In Christ!




"GOD IS SO FAR AHEAD OF US THAT WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE!" - Joe Bergeron

I have a wonderful friend of mine who does jail ministry. He is coming back today from Alabama after helping with the tornado victims over there for the past week! Today I baptized one woman and eight men in jail. If the angels in heaven rejoice over one person then they must really be rejoicing today over the nine.

I was with my friend Gary Dyer and after we were done baptizing the men, we all could sense the powerful presence of God in the room. One man by the name of Jon started preaching to the other men like a John the Baptist. Gary and I just stood there amazed at this holy moment together. Jon started crying over those who do not know Jesus and then he really began to weep over his wife. His wife was in another county in prison and he just wanted her to know Jesus like he knew Jesus now. I asked what town the prison was in and he told me Greensburg. I told Jon I would try to contact a minister over there this week and see what I could find out and if there was some kind of prison ministry going on over there?

I took Gary to Mcdonald's because we both felt like golden arch people after the spiritual high we both were on at the moment. During that fifteen minutes we were there, a church bus pulled up. It was from Greensburg Wesleyan Church. I could not believe it! I asked if the minister was with this lady's group and he was! He told me about the ministry over there to the prison and he would make sure somebody would be talking to Jon's wife this week!

This Wednesday I will see Jon at our county jail. All I can say is Jon is going to be blown away again!

Has anything happened lately where God was so far ahead of you that you were blown away?


No comments:

Post a Comment