Wednesday, June 1, 2011

They Just Don't Get it!




IT WOULD SEEM STRANGE THAT CHRISTIANITY SHOULD HAVE COME INTO THE WORLD JUST TO RECEIVE AND EXPLANATION - Soren Kierkegaard


Man: I want scientific proof, self-evident truths to know whether God, the Bible, or Christianity is real or not.

God: I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I am not a concept, idea, worldview, or rationally proven argument.

Man: I just need better reasons to follow you God. If Christian scholars were more persuasive or logical in their presentations, maybe I would not have so much doubt and might believe in you more.

God: If you love me, you would do what I say.

Man: Why can't you accept me for who I am and make my life happy now. How can I buy into something when there is so much, pain, suffering, and bad in the world.

God: I so loved you that I sent my only Son into the world to take all the violence, bad, and pain. Suffering is not the enemy but something I can bring great testing and perseverance of strong character.

Man: If you would just speak, show up, stand in front of me and wave your arms. Give me a big sign or an indesputable miracle, maybe then I could volunteer some of my time for you.

God: You just don't get it!



No comments:

Post a Comment