Thursday, June 9, 2011

He Who Sits In the heavens Shall Laugh



KISS THE SON, LEAST HE BE ANGRY - Psalm 2:12

I often think of the resurrection of Jesus as God having the last laugh. And for those who follow God's Son Jesus, there is the beautiful laughter of the redeemed. But Scripture usually shows the laughter of God as a mocking laugh at the wicked. Who are the wicked? We usually think of somebody else who is an outsider and "we" of course are "insiders." But isn't God's Word written for His people? Are not the wicked often those who have a stake or claim on God?

This week is Vacation Bible School and I love working with children and youth. But I can't help thinking about the contrast of what I am doing from another church in what they are doing in regards to VBS. One of my friends is struggling as a VBS director? Well, it's bad enough that a new youth pastor is trying to micro-mangage her. But what I find distrubing and no laughing matter is how they are refusing to not allow certain people in the church to help with VBS. One girl wrote a word on facebook which most people use in their every day language. She was brought before the Elders for church discipline. Another young man was asked not to help with VBS after he was given permission prior because earlier this year, he got in trouble over a substance abuse issue. He was told he was not a Christian and he was not welcomed to help with VBS.

This brings me to my situation which I am still waiting to see how it all plays out. One young man got into trouble and it was even on the evening news. He has reached out to me and I have reached back to him. He has been my right hand man this week and I am believing God will reshape this man more and more into the image of His Son.

At the end of the day, maybe some think God will be laughing at me? Maybe God is laughing at this other church in the way they treat sinners which sounds very familiar to what Jesus observed by some of the religious establishment in his day?

All I know is we all bettter be kissing Jesus or we might find behind God's laughter a holy and righteous anger!

No comments:

Post a Comment