Saturday, June 4, 2011

Are There Horses In Heaven?



I remember when I was a young man, a little girl asked me if her dog that just died would be in heaven? I remember God gave me this wonderful answer at that time to give her but unfortunately I have forgotten it!

So here is my new question. Are there horses in heaven? I know the standard reply is heaven is for people and not for animals but are we really sure about that? Who says? Because so many people in the church are either simply not following Jesus or following a Jesus made in their own image, I want to ask will your Jesus be in heaven? Is the Jesus your following the one who sacrificed everything and calls you to do the same. Is the Jesus you are following reshaping you for heaven now rather than you hoping to get in by the skin of your teeth (if teeth have skin?).

And here is another Jesus question since He is the one who told us to love our enemies. Will our enemies be in heaven? We may think our enemies deserve hell but Jesus is laying across the threshold of Hell and people have to walk over him to get there. Are we helping our enemies see Jesus in us? Are we showing them that heaven is for them too?

So coming back to the question, are there horses in heaven? I for one sure hope so. Doesn't the Bible say Jesus is coming back to earth from heaven riding a horse? All I know is the Bible also says there are going to be a lot of surprises in heaven. And maybe the biggest surprise will be not only that God wants to bring a little of heaven to earth through you, but God also wants to bring heaven to earth when heaven and earth become one. Or as another Bible verse says, "there will be a new heaven and a new earth."

So maybe, just maybe, if there are horses on earth and heaven is coming to earth, the horses will find some new grazing pastures and wide open beautiful fields where they can run totally free.

No comments:

Post a Comment