Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Church On the Way to God or the Church in God's Way?




LORD, SAVE US FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS - A bumper Sticker

Rubel Shelly provocative book "I knew Jesus Before He was a Christian . . . And I liked him Better Then" captures the feelings of many within the church, the unchurched, and the de-churched. So many Christians today want to cop out and say, "Don't look at me, look to Jesus." But the Apostle Paul said, "Follow Me as I follow Christ." We are either imitators of God or we are not!

I was at a restraunt today and my son said, "Look at that man's shirt Dad." His shirt said, "Christ or Hell." My son asked me as a young Christian what's up with that? Well, I told him there is a difference between being a witness for Christ and advertising for Christ. Secondly I told him one way to take it is the man was saying he was a Christian and others were going to Hell. But the main thing I told my son was Jesus never told sinners they were going to Hell. He told that to religious leaders!. Somehow we have turned Christ into the great condemner of the world rather than the great Savior of the world. Something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment