Thursday, July 13, 2017

Benedictine Monastery: Day Three




I walk the labyrinth at night
I gaze into my own suffering
and find God's comfort
My body is filled with cracks
and that is where God's light gets in.

As I peer into the night sky
as darkness envelopes everything
I discover that the darkness
begins to shine like the light
And the stillness of this Benedictine retreat
has turned into a divine dance with God.

I am learning that eternity is not in the time that lasts but in the indivisible moment. The entire creation sings praises around me and it's like I've entered into the song of creation where time is no more.  I praise God the maker of heaven and earth for the gift of the eternal now. Those moments where time stops and God's beauty and majesty fills the empty spaces until everything is one with God.  One in me--one in the space---only God.

As scripture that stirs my soul today is Luke 12:49-53 but particularly this verse where Jesus says, "I have come to light a fire on the earth, and how I wish it were blazing."  At dusk tonight, I saw the primrose pedals open to the sky. Fireflies lit the night as quiet raindrops fell from heaven. I gazed at the embers burning in the night as my own soul burned brightly
 by the flame of God's love.


No comments:

Post a Comment