Monday, July 17, 2017

Benedictine Monastery: Day five




When I partake of the sweet Eucharist, there is a fire in my belly and a peace beyond this earthly realm. I am reminded of the words of Queen Elizabeth of the Trinity when she spoke of this Eucharist life of God:

O Jesus of the Eucharist
My spouse, my love, my life,
How I love to listen to you
to speak to you, to see you every evening.

O how sweet are these encounters
How sweet are the tears
You, my supreme love, O my King
My Jesus, when I am near you
It seems to me that I am no longer on earth.

When I hear your voice
O my spouse, O my good master
I hear and see nothing but you.
O these sublime, ecstatic moments
Intimate and sweet union
When my heart beats in unison with my Savior
would that I spend long hours in that holy abode.

My sole love, nothing keeps me here on earth
Jesus alone satisfies me
Apart from Jesus, I can do noting
Near to Him, I am happy
He is my life and my love.

Jesus my only love!
Jesus God of the Eucharist!
Jesus my sustenance, my life,
Jesus who loves and chooses me
that I may love Him and even suffer for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment