Monday, July 17, 2017

Benedictine Monastery: Day Four




The words of St. Theresa are now forever tattooed on my heart, "Enlarge my heart Jesus with your heart. It's a flame from the furnace of your heart."  I went to a contemplative prayer time early this morning. The whisper of God's spirit said, "Be at peace my child."  I arose and meditated on these words.  I am a son of a preacher's kid from the Anabaptist tradition. My great ancestors I believe were German Catholic Rhineland mystics.  So who am I? Am I a German Catholic Anabaptist mystic? The Catholic priest of this retreat said I was an anonymous Catholic. Maybe I am a secret Anabaptist or a closet mystic? Who am I? I am God's beloved child.

Like St. Theresa, I am entering this journey into the deep chasm of God's heart where Jesus sacred heart resides. I want to live the life of Jesus lived with his heart leading the way. This is the deeper journey into the divine mystery of the Trinity. My soul is raptured by God's consuming fire of love. I hope to live this prayer of the sacred heart of Jesus:

Sacred heart of Jesus, make my heart pure like yours.
Sacred heart of Jesus, fill my heart with mercy and make my heart like yours.
Sacred heart of Jesus, undivided and fully devoted, my heart is yours.
Sacred heart of Jesus, full of heaven, make my heart like yours.
Sacred heart of Jesus, ever prayerful, make my heart like yours.
Sacred heart of Jesus, full of grace and peace, make my heart like yours.
Sacred heart of Jesus, burning with God's love, enlarge my heart with your heart.
Sacred heart of Jesus, simple and child-like, make my heart like yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment