Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Kingdom of God is in You



My human failings are ever before me
An all-embracing vision of Christ is now all I see
The world full of holy action
Grace flows from Triune love into contemplation

The breath of paradise hovers around
Crucifixion is the painful sound
Small beginnings into mystery and ascent
Oneness and unity from death and descent

The word made flesh is incomprehensible
Christ poured out like water is inexpressible
Channels of grace and rivers of God's Spirit
No longer empty or barren but now filled with celestial lyric

The womb of creation rejoices in wonder
All mortal flesh is silent before God's voice that thunders
God's love reaches my innermost part
God floods my soul and overcomes my heart

Beauty of paradise belongs to everyone
Heaven on earth renewing in every direction
Sanctified atmosphere, Incarnate Word
God's kingdom within us and God's divine command undeterred

Christ making distant things near and things to come as already here
Having nothing but possessing all as pride and ego disappear
Mystical unity concealed in God's creation
Everything joining together for our deification

What was once strange now seems familiar
Transfigured by light as God changes the interior
Tormented by cowardice I surrender
Naked and exposed into purifying fire whose love is tender

No comments:

Post a Comment