Monday, June 22, 2015

Holy Communion



Restless, confused, immensity terrifies us
Troubled hearts in an ocean of humanity
The foolishness of the world increases
I come into your presence to decrease

Receive me and take me up your holy mountain
The magnetism of the whole earth draws us in
The bread of brokenness is laid before like an open wound
The wine of our thirst is dissolved as we cry, "Lord, make us one."

I am overwhelmed but not struck down
Earth and matter collide with heavenly wind and fire
Sons of earth join mother earth in celestial praise
The flames of your Spirit grow brighter and more radiant
The Word energizes the darkness and coldness with light

The womb of the world is no longer expecting
Your abiding presence is here and that is enough
Blazing Spirit and creative fire consumes everything
All nature and heaven join ands in a great mystery
The silence is broken with these words,
This is my body
This is my blood
All is finally at rest

No comments:

Post a Comment