Friday, June 12, 2015

In Your Presence (Prayer)



Lord,
I want to live permanently in your presence everyday. 
Teach me to be fully present to your Spirit and to those around me. 
Teach me to be fully present to my wife.  To pray with her when she
goes to work and to give her my full attention when she arrives home. 
Teach me to love my children without reserve so that I can be fully
attentive and present to them.  Help me to model Christ to each one of them.
Teach me to be present to the world around me.  To enjoy nature and all
its beauty and precious designs. 
Teach me to enjoy people to the fullest as loving you is to love them. 
Empower me by your Spirit to be fully present to myself, where I abandon
my will completely to your will and enjoy the gifts of work and play,
study and prayer, solitude and ministry, rest and renewal in your presence.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment