Friday, June 19, 2015

The Circle of Prayer



I pray among the voices and silence rises within me
The world shouts but your Spirit whispers
You melt me in the presence of your love
You circle me with pure light

You place a song in my heart like a fire
You simplify the complex things of life
I know I am but dust so breathe on me
I know I am weak so pout out your power

I surrender myself and everything to you in sweet communion
You alone remove my sin and give me new life
Your presence is at work in the very depths of my being
My heart if full of your unsurpassable presence

When I lose my footing you are there
When I fall between the cracks, you touch and raise me up
You quicken my spirit with creative worship and joy
Grace is everywhere as I circle all creation in prayer

As I lay hold of the earth, you lay hold of me
Knowledge of You is too wonderful to know
Grace is everywhere as you change me from within
I feel your presence, even when its dark

Your divine presence animates everything
You nourish my soul and my cup runs over
Radiant goodness fills the room for I am a man of unclean lips
I enter the divine liturgy on earth as the whole world is your temple
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment