Monday, April 30, 2012

Random (Spiritual) Thoughts



"THE QUESTION, YOU SEE, IS NOT TO PREPARE BUT TO LIVE IN A STATE OF ONGOING PREPAREDNESS SO THAT, WHEN SOMEONE WHO IS DROWNING IN THE WORLD COMES INTO YOUR WORLD, YOU ARE READY TO REACH OUT AND HELP"  -  Henri Nouwen


Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping because my brain just doesn't want to shut down.  Descarte said, "I think therefore I am."  If that is true, then my existence is strongly confirmed.  Here are some random thoughts about the spiritual life.  I hope you enjoy.  Maybe more important, I hope you think about them:


*It is easier to enjoy beauty than sense the holy.

*It is easier to taste delicious food that to taste God's goodness.

*It is easier to discipline the physcial body than to discipline our spirit and soul.

*It is easier to run head on into an accident than to run head on into God.

*It is easier to become distracted by the things of this earth than to allow heaven to invade us here on
  earth.

Just some thoughts for the day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment