Friday, August 28, 2015

Heart of the World



The world pretends with its many illusions
Captured by shadows and lured into delusions
Awakened by love to see the world's beauty
God grace shattering the broken mirror of discontinuity

The world lies in fragments stripped of its royal garment
God kisses the world in delight with a new harvest
The Spirit carries me on rustling wings
The earth trembles beneath my feet as my heart sings

Wildly the river plunges me underneath
I gasp for air and weep as God raises me up from beneath
Time stands still as I am new like a child
God's presence consumes me and all I can do is smile

Translated from darkness to light I can see
Transported from earth to heaven is the key
God's laughter now fills my heart and soul
The world is in my heart because everything is new and whole

No comments:

Post a Comment