Sunday, August 23, 2015

Am I My Brother's Keeper?



God calls us as brother to brother and shoulder to shoulder to stand with each other.  When it comes to our biological brothers, one is usually very close or estranged and worse, one finds a brother like an enemy.  Cain killed his brother Abel and the relationships with brothers has been mixed at best.  Cain's question still haunts us today, "Am I my brother's keeper?"  Of course we know today from a full reading of the Bible from the first book to the last that we are all our brother's keeper.  Love and compassion and forgiveness is to be a part of each of our relationships from our biological family to the human family.

My identical brother went on a conference with me because God placed him on my heart.  He has been going through a really difficult time and this Christian conference we went to was a wonderful healing time for him.  He wanted some physical healing but the greatest healing he received was inner healing.  There was a new friend we met who had two twin brothers he was estranged from at this conference.  He knew God was trying to restore something broken deep inside of him and it was my twin brother who ministered to him the most at this conference despite his own pain and problems he was struggling with inside.

God calls every one of us to treat others like they are our brothers or sisters not only in the family of God but even the family of humanity.  The world wants us to separate and divide and stay mad at each other but Christ comes along and stretches his arms out and died for us so that the whole world can come once again as one united family united by God's kingdom of love and reconciliation.  I am so grateful of the many brothers in Christ who watch over me and have my back and even hold me accountable when nobody else will.  I praise God for those brothers who keep me in their prayers and love me enough to tell me the truth, even if I don't want to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment