Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Road to Prayer


"WE NEED A LOT OF HUMILIATION
FOR A LITTLE BIT OF HUMILITY"
- Henri Nouwen


"Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you;
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done to me,
and in all your creatures.

I wish no more than this,
O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you with all the love
of my heart,
for I love you, Lord.
and so need to give myself into your hands,
without reserve
and with boundless confidence.
For you are my Father."

[Henri Nouwen THE ROAD TO DAYBREAK, P.121]


This father's Day weekend, I can only live this prayer by God's help through His Holy Spirit. I especially think of a Mother I talked with today who lost her son. These words have even more meaning in the light of painful endurance as we surrender our lives to God each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment