Monday, June 28, 2010

The Lost Art of Shadowing


WHO KNOWS WHAT LURKS IN THE HEART OF MEN,
THE SHADOW KNOWS - Old Radio Program

My Two brothers and Dad used to listen to the old radio show The Shadow. It was filled with adventure, suspence, and mystrey. I realize that so much of what it means to follow Jesus today has lost both its beauty and mystrey. All of us are called to imitate God (Ephesians 5:1). The word imitate means "mimic" or "shadow." We are exactly to do what we see another doing. As Christ followers, then, we are to mimic Jesus.

One of the unusual and even mysterious gifts from God is a friend who came out from prison and shadowed me for seven months. It was one of the most fruitful and wonderful experiences I have ever had in Christian ministry. We both took so much from it all. Next week, I will have another man shadow me for a week. May all of us aspire to think, feel, and act like Christ as iron sharpens iron in serving as Jesus told us to serve, two by two.

No comments:

Post a Comment