Saturday, June 26, 2010

God in a Box?


"GOD WILL OFFEND YOUR MIND TO
REVEAL YOUR HEART" - Mike Bickle

Do you ever find yourself at odds with what Scripture teaches? Do you find yourself at times questioning why God did something in the Bible or how can God do this to me today? Has God ever asked you to do something that did not make any sense? So much of Christianity today has God in a rational box. God must fit into our understanding if God is to be God. But when we put God in a box, God is not limited, we have only limited ourselves. We have put ourselves in a box when we think somehow we have captured or tamed the untamable God of the Bible.

God does things that goes beyond our imagination and can not be captured by our logical deductions. Most of my young adult life I battled with low self-esteem and fighting off negative thoughts that wanted to rob me of any effective use for God. One time I remember I was doing something really stupid and I heard God get my attention by calling me "stupid." I thought later that God does not call people stupid. It's been strange that I have heard several people tell me similar stories. Even though my whole life God has been calling me "His Beloved," there was at least one time I sensed God calling me stupid because I was acting very stupid at that time.

Another time God put on my heart to do something that I thought was embarassing. I felt kind of stupid or sheepishly humiliated for doing it. I could not wrap my brain around what God was trying to teach me and again I heard the Lord speak to my heart and say, "I am teaching you humility an obedience."

What is it that God has been showing you lately?
What are ways we try to put God in a box?

No comments:

Post a Comment