Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let Us Pray . . .


Here is a prayer by Gemma Galgani given around a hundred and twenty years ago:

In my prayer, dear Jesus, I am with you wholly.
If I meditate on the cross, I suffer with you.
If I meditate on the resurrection, I rise with you.
So daily I die and rise.

If I walk with you along the hot dusty roads,
I become hot, sweaty, tired, as you surely did.
If I hear you preach, my ears tingle with excitement,
And my heart is pierced by the sharpness of your words.
If I watch you heal people, I can feel your touch,
So my own body trembles at your power.

Let me walk with you during every minute of my life,
Let me constantly be inspired by your words,
Let me daily be renewed by your power,
That I may die to sin and rise to perfect righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment