Sunday, July 29, 2018

Constantine the Movie


Image result for constantine the movie

A few years ago I went to see the Keanu Reeves new movie "Constantine." It was an action movie of John Constantine who was a fallen angel who did demon possessions even though he really no longer had any faith in God. The whole movie was a kind of hodge-podge theological mess. My brother was scared watching some of the scenes in the movie while I laughed my fool head off as the absurdity of it all. Keanu Reeves goes to hell and then he at the last minute rises back up to life and is given another chance as a fallen but restored angel.

The one redeeming conversation of the whole movie I thought was this conversation as the two angels are looking over the city:

Gabriel: You are going to die young because you smoked 30 cigarettes a day since you were 15... and you're going to go to hell because of the life you took.

John Constantine: But when you cross over time stops. Take it from me, two minutes in hell is a lifetime. When I came back I knew all the things I could see were real. Heaven and hell are right here. Behind every wall, every window. The world behind the world, and we're smack in the middle.
I guess there's a plan for all of you. I had to die twice just to figure that out. Like the books says, he works his works in mysterious ways. Some people like it, some people don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment