Saturday, August 27, 2011

Romans 8:28

I have been thinking about Romans 8:28 for some time now.  Last week or so, I did a search under meaning when I had a little time because I was particularly thinking of what Greek word for love is in that verse.  What I found as the first link was actually very interesting.  It is written from a Mennonite perspective.  Now, one of the areas of Christianity that I study is the Anabaptist and the Reformation.  When it comes to salvation and life, I am synergistic, or one who believes in the cooperation in our life between God and us to accomplish the work of our salvation.  Therefore, I am comfortable with the coexistence of our free will (although limited) and God's absolute sovereignty/control/origination of all things.  Unfortunately with the Wikipedia article linked, it begins with a what I consider an incomplete beginning by starting with the Reformation as in reality, the early church's position in my opinion, prior to Augustine, was synergistic.  So to me, the correct "organization" if you will of the Wikipedia article would be to begin with the oldest traditions and then move historically forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment